It’s Tuesday again and over at The Broke and the Bookish that means it’s time for another Tuesday Top Ten! This week’s topic is the Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes.
Guys, this one was HARD. I love so many books and so many quotes that it’s hard to remember my favorites. Also, my books are all currently in boxes in my sister’s old bedroom, so I wasn’t able to pull them down and flip through them to find the pages that I’d marked. So, I took a page out of Lauren’s book and I’m looking up some books I’ve loved and that I know I had quotes marked in.
(These are in absolutely no particular order)
1. “Because sometimes things happen to people and they’re not equipped to deal with them.” Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
2. “The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.” J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
3. “Doubt thou the stars are fire
Doubt that the sun doth move
Doubt truth to be a liar
But never doubt I love.” William Shakespeare, Hamlet
4. “The more you love people, the more vulnerable you are.” Madeleine L’Engle, Troubling a Star
5. “Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
6. “Time is priceless, but it’s Free. You can’t own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can’t keep it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back.” and “Don’t you think it’s better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?” both by Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler’s Wife
7. “Even when I’m alone I have real good company — dreams and imaginations and pretendings. I like to be alone now and then, just to think over things and taste them. But I love friendships — and nice, jolly little times with people.” L.M. Montgomery, Anne’s House of Dreams
8. “You are the true master of death, because the true master does not seek to run away from Death. He accepts that be must die, and understands that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying.” J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
9. “Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.” Veronica Roth, Divergent
10. “Please don’t go. We’ll eat you up. We love you so.” Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are
There are so many other quotes that I love and that make me smile, laugh or cry. But I can’t find all of them and I wouldn’t be able to list them all here if I did. I may make a page where I can list out my favorite quotes as I go, that way I’ll always be able to find them.
What are some of your favorite quotes?