I cannot believe that we are already into June! It does not even seem possible that we are now halfway through 2012, but I supposed this is what happens as we get older. Without further adieu here are my top 3 books I’ve read in 2012 and the top 3 books I’m waiting on to be released!
3 Favorites in 2012
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I CANNOT stress enough how much I loved this book. I’ve read it twice since January and it only got better on my second read through. But there are no words really, just feelings and I think this image i found in The Book Smugglers review sums it up quite nicely:
2. Two Kisses for Maddy by Matt Logelin. I reviewed this book back in April and I could barely form the words for the review. This book broke my heart into a million little pieces and then ever so gently put it back together again. It’s a true story and a touching memoir of one man’s journey through life and love and single fatherhood. You will not regret picking this one up at all.
3. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I came a bit late to this party, as I only read Divergent about two weeks before Insurgent was set to release. It was basically a blessing in disguise as I don’t have to wait as long to find out what was happening to Tris and Four. I’ve very much enjoyed this series and am itching to see how it all ends in the third book.
Team Dauntless all the way baby!
3 Books I’m (impatiently) waiting for in 2012
1. Scoundrels by Timothy Zahn. So, it’s no secret that Timothy Zahn is the hero of the Star Wars EU book world and my favorite sic-fi writer. So it’s certainly no surprise that my top most anticipated book is his newest. This one focuses on Han and Chewie (and Lando!) so it’s a bit of a divergence from his normal focus of Mara Jade and Luke. But I’m still hoping the awesome red head makes at least a tiny appearance.
Also, just look at that cover. How will it not be made of awesome?
2. The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead. Adrian Ivashkov. Need i say more? He’s one of my favorite things about the Vampire Academy world and I can’t wait to see more of him. Oh, and Sydney and Jill and the intrigues of the Moroi court, of course. But mostly Adrian. Cause that’s how I roll.
3. The Crimson Crown by Cinda Williams Chima. The Seven Realms series is one of the best YA epic fantasies I’ve read and I can’t wait to see how it all ends. I made the mistake of reading the first three thinking that’s all there was and I was both ecstatic and brokenhearted hearted to realize there was still one more book. Mostly only broken hearted cause fit doesn’t release until October and that’s just too darn far away.
What books did you guys pick as your top of 2012? I know it’s only Juen but there have already been so many great books that it was difficult to narrow it down! I can’t wait to see what made everyone’s else’s lists.
If you get a moment be sure to check out the official Armchair BEA site for a guest post from Joe Foster from Edelweiss. He’ll be talking all about digital review copies and the many exciting changes at Edelweiss that effect us as book bloggers.
OH! Also, don’t forget the first Armchair BEA twitter party! Find our more here: For detailed information, visit the Twitter Party Announcement Post. Hope to see everyone participating!
Okay, so now for the fun stuff (c/mon we all know why you’re here!)! If you’re interested in winning a $25 dollar Amazon giftcard simply signup for my email list here: http://eepurl.com/b8GB1 and leave a comment on this post. There will be a random winner selected from all of the new subscribers/commenters!
(If you’re an existing subscriber and would like to be eligible to win simply shoot me an email and I’ll adjust the signup date manually to allow you to enter the contest).
Winner will be announced on Friday by 4 pm!